This is the third post looking at the HPE Storage Point of View. Moving data to the public cloud is inevitable. How do customers manage on-premises and public cloud together? In this post, I have a podcast talking about it and the HPE Storage focus on Cloud Ready. To recap, here are the two previous posts:
- In the first post, The HPE Storage Point of View, I gave an overview of the POV in a ChalkTalk. I introduced the three pillars of the POV: Predictive, Cloud Ready, and Timeless.
- In the second post, aptly titled Focusing on predictive: HPE InfoSight podcast, I dove into Predictive and had a really interesting podcast with Rod Bagg and David Wang. If you didn't listen to that, be sure to check it out.
Joining me in this podcast is Sakthi Chandra, leads product marketing in HPE Storage and Doug Ko, product marketing for HPE Cloud Volumes. Here's a roadmap of what we covered in the podcast.
- 00:00 – 01:00 Introductions
- 01:00 – 03:15 Why is Cloud Ready an important area of investment in HPE Storage?
- 03:15 – 05:30 What are some of the issues customers face when implementing cloud strategies?
- 05:30 – 10:00 What’s do we mean when we talk about Cloud Ready?
- 10:00 – 11:20 How is container technology impacting cloud?
- 11:20 – 16:00 What do we mean when we say you don’t need extra hardware to work with the public cloud?
- 16:00 - 17:30 What are keys to minimize data transfers – data efficiency?
- 17:30 – 21:00 What about management of a Cloud Ready and multi-cloud management?
- 21:00 – 22:15 How does financial services and HPE Flexible Capacity solutions help?
- 22:15 – 27:00 What is Cloud Ready NOT?
- 27:00 – 28:30 What are the Cloud Ready solutions current in HPE Storage?
- 28:30 – 30:00 Wrap up
Here's the podcast (either click on the link to play it now or right click and save it).
To subscribe to the podcast, open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button under my picture. If you don't use iTunes, you can find my podcast on TalkShoe.com and it has just been added to Google Play Music as well. On Google, you'll get "invited" to try Google Play Music for 30 days - just click "no thanks" to get past this and get to the podcast.
During the podcast, we mentioned a demo that shows how easy it is to replicate to the cloud with Nimble storage. Here's that demo.
There are a couple products that are our current focus of Cloud Ready:
- HPE Cloud Volumes, which is what the demo video shows a bit about. I also want to give you a link to the hpe.com Cloud Volumes home page. Poke around as there's lots of information there.
- We covered HPE Cloud Bank Storage on the blog a few times going back to when we started the early access program last summer and other posts that are helpful to understand it. Check out all the Cloud Bank Storage posts on ATSB.
I'm aiming to have a podcast on each of these but especially Cloud Volumes since we haven't covered it as much on ATSB as the team has covered Cloud Bank - so watch for that in the near future.