Small & Midsize Business News
eBook: “Finding the right balance – Hybrid IT for small and midsize businesses”
While on-premise IT gives you control over your data, security and performance, it can be hard to manage and lock you into hardware investments. Cloud solutions offer ease of management and state-of-the-art technologies with budget-friendly options, but leave you with less control. Hybrid IT enables small and midsize businesses like yours to enjoy the best of both IT strategies.
The top mobile dos and don'ts in 2016
As businesses focus on mobility to improve productivity, it’s important to keep in mind the respective issues around infrastructure. These dos and don’ts will help you to plan and implement a successful mobile strategy.
When considering how to use technology in your business, where do you focus your investments? Learn what customers recommend and how Just Right IT has helped them meet their business needs.
Q2 case study
Three steps that protect your business: Simply, affordably, and reliably with HPE Just Right IT
Today’s advanced technologies, such as cloud computing, mobility, and Big Data analytics, are key enablers to improving your productivity. While they provide distinct advantages to your business, if not supported by the right infrastructure, they can expose your business to security risks.
Pssst…do you know which ProLiant server is secretly a ROBO cop?
The secret is out! If you need iron clad data security in an affordable package, then it’s time to get in on the HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 Server secret. This powerful ROBO cop protects your sensitive data—onsite or en route.
Data warehousing and business intelligence—like fish and chips
What goes together better than fish and chips? Business intelligence and data warehousing. BI helps make sense of data so customers can make better-informed decisions more quickly, but first they need a data warehouse to make all the data usable—kind of like how you need to eat some protein before you dig into a cone of chips.
Software-Defined Cloud eNews
December is all about an exciting recap from the recent Discover London event. As with previous Discover events there was a ton of really good sessions to attend, demos to see on the event floor and subject matter experts to engage with. It was attended by over 10K+ customers from around the world and it was very interesting to talk to them, but for me what was most interesting were the top trending topics that were attracting the most attention. HPE Discover was a perfect venue to get a snapshot and judging by what came up in the social media command center, the top 3 topics where:
- Integrated Systems
If you want to get a snapshot of most of these topics I suggested you spend some time listening to Ric Lewis who covered them during his spotlight
How to innovate fearlessly in an age of digital disruption
And if you are looking for some interesting datacenter trending articles, you might find these interesting
Be the speed hero: turbocharge IT with hybrid infrastructure
What do white water kayaking and IT management have in common?
Certification & Learning News
Earn the new HPE Converged Solutions certification
Help your partners achieve superior economics, scale, and cloud-like agility in their datacenters with HPE Converged and Hyper Converged solutions that are pre-integrated and workload-optimized to meet this need.
The HPE Product Certified—Converged Solutions (2017) certification, allows your partners to approach their customers with confidence about:
- Digital transformation trends and challenges in data warehousing, analytics, virtualization, and cloud
- HPE Converged Solution designs for SAP HANA, Microsoft APS, and more
- The best HPE design tools and sizers
Partners can win more business by proving they have the knowledge to expertly design, differentiate, and recommend the best options to their customers.
Prepare for the new HPE Product Certified – Converged Solutions  exam (HPE2-T33) with the new HPE Converged Solutions eBook. To purchase your copy, go to hpepress.hpe.com
New eBook: Flash Forward: Harnessing the Power of Flash Storage
Flash Forward- the Power of Flash Storage eBook from HPE Press
If your customer has been considering flash storage, this new book is a must read. Covering flash storage from a practical perspective, this book answers customer’s critical questions: “How will Flash technology make a difference in my datacenter? What are my choices? How do I implement it?” Ideal for CTOs, IT managers, project managers, and solution architects at intermediate and advanced levels, this book covers different Flash technologies, deployment options, and best practices. Individuals who purchase this book before Dec 31, 2016 will receive 25% off.
You’ve put in the hours, passed the exam. Now strut your stuff!
What good is your HPE certifications if your customers don’t know about it? Here are some ways to promote yourself.
Get the word out about your HPE certifications by:
- Downloading the Sales, ATP, ASE or Master ASE Insignia or e-Certificates
- Log in to MyLearning and hover over BENEFITS in the menu
- For insignias, click on LEVEL INSIGNIAS
- For certificates, click on E-CERTIFICATES and ID CARDS
- Printing your e-Certificate(s) and display it in your office
- Adding your HPE insignia to
- Email signature
- Business Cards
- Online profiles, like
- Add insignia(s) or certificate(s) to the Summary and Experience sections
- Corporate web pages
- Customer collateral and handouts
HPE NonStop News
NuWave Upcoming Webinars
The recent "Talk with Your NonStop" Webinar was in such high demand we are presenting it two more times for attendees in Europe and Asia! If you missed this interesting webinar, you can catch it again on December 14th, 8pm EST or on December 15, 9am EST.
Part 2. Key Dates that Impact Data Security in the Payments Industry
Large-scale breaches that expose payment card data have increased the need for efficient, effective protections on payment processing platforms globally.
Any regulations, laws, and compliance requirements influence information technology investments aimed at minimizing future exposure.
XYPRO announces OEM partnership with HPE Security – Data Security
XYPRO® Technology Corporation, the leading provider of security software for HPE NonStop™ Server environments, announced a strategic OEM partnership with HPE Security – Data Security, the leading enterprise-class data protection provider. HPE Security – Data Security now includes the XYGATE® Data Protection software as part of their HPE SecureData Enterprise suite.
E-BITUG 2017 - THE EUROPEAN NoNSTOP SYMPOSIUM
May 9-10 2017 -DoubleTree by Hilton, Tower Hill, London. Registration: Not yet open
Call for papers: Click here
For the latest information on all BITUG activity and to ensure you are first to know when event registration is open for the above please visit http://www.bitug.com and join the BITUG mailing list. Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nobody really seemed to know how long it had been. Could nobody really put their finger on how it ended? Did it simply fizzle out or was there a big bang? The closest recollection….’sometime in the 90’s when they were still Tandem’. But on September 29th on another beautiful Georgia day, the Tandem User Community from the Atlanta area converged and convened ATUG 2.0.
Save the Date! 2017
SunTUG/Connect Florida Sunshine Summit.
March 17, Tampa, Florida.
comForte launches new Enterprise Data Protection Suite
Wiesbaden, Germany, Nov 15, 2016 –comForte 21 GmbH (‘comForte’) announces today the launch of its new enterprise wide Data Protection Suite known as SecurDPS.
The New NuWaveTech.com!
NuWaveTech.com has a new look! Be sure to check out the new website to learn more about HPE NonStop Middleware solutions and get access to a variety of resources like webinars, white papers, blogs and much more!
This is a tough time of year to find encouraging news about information security. The end-of-year technology reports will no doubt spend a fair amount of time on data breaches, which are never good news. Encrypting or tokenizing data is the best way to limit the effects of data breaches, and preserve a company’s reputation and business in the face of persistent attacks.
Dec 13 -2016 Scottsdale AZ
Coming this Spring!
MATUG Meeting- Herndon, VA.
HPE Storage 2016 News
News from Around the Storage Block – from HPEStorageGuy Calvin Zito
Did you miss HPE Discover in London?
Let me help catch you up on a few things:
- Checkout the storage keynote, Go beyond storage to accelerate ideas, unlock infrastructure and scale without boundaries. Joining the VP and GM of HPE Storage Bill Philbin is joined by storage experts from Intel and Accenture to talk about the future of storage. And Kate Swanborg from Dreamworks Animation joins to talk about how data is at the heart of their movies.
- Susan Blocker is the VP of Global Marketing in my group, Data Center Infrastructure Group. Susan has a short 4 minute interview from Discover talking about the future of the data center.
- My blog has posts covering Discover Storage News across topics like new 3PAR consumption model, new StoreFabric 32Gb Fibre Channel SAN, Veeam Software, and more. Check out all the Discover London related blog posts.
- I’ve posted several new podcasts with more coming. To subscribe to the podcast, open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button under my picture. If you don't use iTunes, you can find my podcast on TalkShoe.com.
Follow me on Twitter as @CalvinZito and be sure to check ATSB often for the latest articles: www.hpe.com/storage/blog.
HPE Education Services News
Looking back on 2016, Looking forward to 2017
As we turn the page on the year, the HPE Education Services team says THANK YOU to our customers and partners for a successful and rewardingyear. Some of our 2016 highlights include:
- The introduction of our new, refreshed web pages – which are designed to be modern, better organized, and easier to navigate to find what you need. Check out our improved pages here.
- Real data on the value of investing in training came out this year from IDC’s Cushing Anderson. You can see it in this sponsored infographic – and remember, “every $1 invested in training saves $15 in lost productivity”.
- The expansion of our DevOps portfolio, to include some exciting new training options like our Game Simulation experience based on the iconic “The Phoenix Project” book. Our customers loved this, and told us in their remarks captured here.
- The launch of Security User Awareness Training (SUAT) for 2017, with its full library of 35+ videos that are designed to teach and re-enforce appropriate behaviors for avoiding security exposures caused by people in your workforce. Learn more about this affordable and proven-effective solution here.
- Added Cloud Security training along with our partner, Cloud Security Alliance (CSA). We were delighted to provide CCSK training as part of CSA events in 2016, and we’re going to expand them in 2017 due to popular demand. Read my interview with CSA’s CEO Jim Reevis on his view of cloud adoption and what’s coming next.
Perhaps the most strategic offering this year, was not training but the introduction of our Management of Change (MoC) service which is a structured approach to preparing and supporting people through-out technology change. If you’re interested, check out our website where we have a few quick videos which explain the service and how it helps.
Mission Critical x86 News
MC990 X – Now starting at four sockets, expandable to eight sockets
If your Linux workloads and databases are growing, you can now scale them without disruption to your applications with HPE Integrity MC990 X Server. This rack-mounted platform starts now at four-sockets, expandable to eight-sockets, to meet the needs of customers that prefer to start at a smaller footprint and grow as their business demands.
For more information see our MC990 X External Page.
§ MC990 X Quick Specs
§ MC990 X Data Sheet
§ Scale-Up Solution for Oracle VM Server - HPE MC990 X Server Solution Brief
Watch this demo on ATX, a software utility that increases application performance on scale-up servers without any software changes.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise and ActiveViam discuss
solutions around Real Time Analytics
Watch this interview with Kate O’Neill from HPE and Antoine Chambille from ActiveViam where they discuss the rising importance of becoming a real-time business and how these companies are working together to address that challenge for Investment Banks and other industries.