HPE Storage News
News from Around the Storage Block – from HPEStorageGuy Calvin Zito
Ahead of Discover in Madrid, HPE Storage had news that we shared. We have blog posts for each piece:
- Powered by HPE InfoSight, the future is autonomous looks at two big enhancements we’ve made to InfoSight predictive analytics that HPE got with the acquisition of Nimble Storage.
- Cloud backup made simple with HPE Cloud Bank Storage focuses on our new cloud-based backup solution for long term retention and disaster recovery, starting at $.001 per GB/month. Check out my Cloud Bank Storage ChalkTalk.
- We’ve announced the next version of Recovery Manager Central – HPE simplifies data protection for Hybrid IT with HPE RMC 5.0 gives the details.
A couple of things I mentioned in last month’s eNews that I want to be sure you didn’t miss:
- Nimble Storage had a community on their website. We’ve migrated it to communities.hpe.com. Two places to know are the new HPE Nimble Storage Tech Blog and the HPE Nimble Storage forum. Forums are of course for conversations where you can get answers to your questions.
- We swapped our @HPE_Storage and @NimbleStorage. With the swap, if you weren’t following @NimbleStorage you are no longer following us. So be sure you’re following @HPE_Storage now. We won’t be using the @NimbleStorage twitter account going forward.
To subscribe to my podcast, open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button under my picture. If you don't use iTunes, you can find my podcast on TalkShoe.com and it has just been added to Google Play Music as well.
Calvin Zito is a 33 year veteran in the IT industry and has worked in storage for 25 years. He’s been a VMware vExpert for 6 years. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, he has blogged for 8 years. You can find his blog at hpe.com/storage/blog
He started his “social persona” as HPStorageGuy, and after the HP separation manages an active community of storage fans on Twitter as @CalvinZito
You can also contact him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org