2016 HP-UX Boot Camp
Slideshows presented at the Connect HP-UX Boot Camp by Hewlett Packard Enterprise are considered HPE Intellectual Property. These materials are made available after the show to customers and partners for free use in their current format within their own company only. You may not post them on public websites.
There are restrictions on any reuse of the contents of the HPE presentations beyond what is described above. Prior written permission from HPE is required.
HP-UX POWER, PERFORMANCE & PRODUCTIVITY
Presented by Bill Hassell and David Totsch, ServiceIT Direct
A unique all day seminar covering management and productivity for HP-UX systems. Whether you are beginning HP-UX admin or a seasoned veteran, this seminar is for you.
Some of the many topics covered:
- HP-UX is here to stay!
- Centralizing sysadmin tasks
- Script writing power tips
- Setting up remote lights-out data centers
- Handling security audit requirements
- High speed management tools for multiple platforms
- How to minimize reboot time and drop unused services
- Maintaining system documentation files
- When Good Disks Go Bad
- Agile Device Files
- Ignite (for backup/recovery, cloning)
- Virtualization - Good or Bad?
- Network specials
- HP-UX security options
- Tools you must have to preserve your sanity
- HP-UX Performance and Tuning - but you can't tune a fish
- Scripting with style and performance
Advances in FS/VM 6.1 + Performance
Speaker: Ravindra Kini, Senior System Software Engineer, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
As next generation Enterprise data centers strive to provide a high level of service for their customers and
applications, there exists a constant underlying goal to do so at reduced complexity and cost. However, meeting those goals without sacrificing performance or availability has so far been elusive. Advancements in HP-UX File System and Data management solutions provide a full suite of data and application availability tools in a single solution to bring performance, availability, and flexibility to the data center. Combined with unmatched read and write capabilities, enterprises can achieve better results at a much lower cost than alternatives.
There are 25+ new features that are part of the new 6.1 release.
This session covers new features that are part of the new 6.1 release on HP-UX for following aspects:
- Scalability, Storage Virtualization, Ease of Use
- Improvements for better disaster and fault tolerance
- Performance improvements for scalable infrastructure
- User friendly features for better data
StoreServ All Flash Array And HP-UX
Speaker: Wayne Specht, Technical Marketing Engineer, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Have you thought about flash storage for your mission-critical HP-UX environment? Flash storage is not all created equally, especially for Tier 1 enterprise class environments, like those where you deploy HP-UX. Join HPE 3PAR StoreServ expert Wayne Specht where he discusses the why’s and the how’s of the 3PAR StoreServ All-Flash portfolio and its applicability in HP-UX mission-critical environments. This session includes some tips and tricks to tune 3PAR StoreServ for HP-UX. Wayne will also explain how simple 3PAR StoreServ is to use and manage.